Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend - Why it's so hard to win!

I hear almost everyday from so many people, its no wonder so many folks find it hard to reach their goals. Now before you get all mad at me, let me explain. The phrase that I hear all to often is.."I can't wait for the weekend".


For some reason we have talked ourselves into believe that we only have 5 days of work, then we can take a 2 day vacation. Now I know just a well as the next guy, there are so many other things to do during the weekend, thinks like errands, house work, take care of the lawn. I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about skipping out on your goals.


Even though your income may have stopped at 5pm on Friday, it will benefit you in the long run if you still keep an eye in your goals. Spend some time reading on a topic that will move you to wards your goals, spend time planning your week, or reviewing your week. All of these things will help to keep you in the 3% club. 3% of your time, your money, will keep you in the TOP 3% of the income for your field. The biggest challenge is that so few spend 3% of those things to get there.


Don't let the weekend keep you from your dreams. Work hard, play hard, and don't loose site of your goals... EVER.


Your friend and student,


Sean G Murphy

No comments: